Last modified: 1/22/2021
Downtown Café and Bakery (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy, and is committed to protecting it through compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy applies to information we collect on this Website or in email, text, and other electronic messages with you. It does not apply to information we collect offline or through any other means, or to information collected by any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. No one under 13 may provide any personal information on the Website. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website, make any purchases through the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us. If we learn we have received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us by sending an email to the address listed at the end of this Policy.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as job title or prior work history;
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details; and/or
- Any other information you choose to provide via any form on this Website.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners and third-party advertisers.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence, if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders.
You may be required to provide payment information before placing an order through our Website. We do not store payment information but provide it to a third-party processor to complete your transaction. Third-party processors receiving payment information are bound to keep it confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email email@example.com.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Downtown Café and Bakery’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Downtown Café and Bakery about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose, if your consent is given.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Downtown Café and Bakery, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by emailing email@example.com. You can also opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to the address listed at the end of this Policy.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote products or services, you can opt-out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to the address listed at the end of this Policy.
"Our favorite breakfast joint in town! Friendly people and good food at a good price!"
"The horseshoe breakfast was delicious this is a nice little cafe first time here I'll come back next time I come through town."
"Great food, great customer service, and an awesome atmosphere. It’s like eating at a relative’s house while visiting. I love eating here! Recommended if you like home cooked meals but don't want to clean up your mess..... Lol."
"Absolutely amazing food really awesome staff and beyond fair price definitely get way bigger portions here than anywhere else I've been!!!"
"Nothing better than finding a family friendly, cozy breakfast spot in a historic bldg. downtown. Warm smiles and greetings all around. Simple yet above standard breakfast or lunch options. Had to try the biscuits and gravy with sides of bacon and egg. Biscuits were fluffy and gravy made with bits of sausage, smooth and creamy texture were a perfect match. Highly recommend but missed out on a picture of eggs benedict, the special of the day. Looking forward to returning and trying lunch!"
"Absolutely great place. The people there are extremely polite, friendly, and patient. Great service and friendly atmosphere!
But, most importantly, the breakfast horseshoe I ordered was the best food I have eaten ALL YEAR! Their gravy is absolutely perfect, the eggs were cooked well, the bread was toasted just right.... everything about it was perfect! Definitely commend the chefs there."
"Simple diner food done very well in a pleasant environment. My favorite breakfast spot in Decatur."